SELECTED SOLO SHOWS
- A Tear and A smile –- Hillside House Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas
- In The Spirit – Hillside House Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Poto Mitan – The D’Aguilar Art Foundation, Nassau, Bahamas. Catalogue.
-Paradise – Freeport Art Centre, Freeport, Grand Bahama.
-Bahamas Wonderland –- Central Bank Gallery, Nassau.
SELECTED GROUP SHOWS -JURIED SHOWS -I NTERNATIONAL SHOWS
- Guanahani – Brussels, Blegium
- Imago Mundi – Venice, Italy
- From Christopher Columbus to Junkanoo, – Centro de Arte, Santiago de Cuba.
- Finding Joy – The Grand Gallery, Freeport, Grand Bahama.
- Bahamian Visual Art Expo – The Arts Pavilion – Nassau, Bahamas.
- Transforming Spaces – Hillside House Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Instinct - Central Bank of the Bahamas Gallery, Nassau.
- 20/20 with Artist Sheldon Saint - Traveling show, Freeport and Nassau Bahamas.
- Fiber – Transforming spaces-Doongalik studios and gallery, Nassau.
- Salon d’été, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Bahamas in Atlanta, Tyler Perry Studios, INTERNATIONAL SHOW – Atlanta Georgia, USA.
- Waste -Transforming spaces – Doongalik studios and Gallery, Nassau.
- Artists United, JURIED SHOW, Washington DC,USA. Catalogue.
- Yellow bird/ Choucoune, The Hub, Nassau, Bahamas.
- Sugar, Popops studios and Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
- "NE4"- JURIED SHOW- 4th National Exhibition , National Art Gallery of the Bahamas. Catalogue.
- Freedom Call, Glory Banks Gallery, Freeport, Bahamas. Catalogue.
- Transforming Spaces at Post House Studio & Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
-"NE3" JURIED SHOW, 3rd National Exhibition, National Art Gallery of the Bahamas. Catalogue.
- Steel Magnolias, Regency Theatre, Freeport. 2005 -Timeline, A two woman traveling show, with artist
Claudette Dean Freeport and Nassau. Catalogue.
-"NE2" JURIED SHOW, 2nd National Exhibition, National Art Gallery of the Bahamas. Catalogue.
- Inaugural National Exhibition (INE) –JURIED SHOW, National Art Gallery of the Bahamas. Catalogue.
- Caribbean Art Festival, INTERNATIONAL SHOW, Manhattans, New York, Martha’s Vineyard
- Spring Art Collection, Lyford Cay, Nassau, Bahamas
-We Dream a World, Central Bank Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
-Spirit of the Bahamas, Central Bank Gallery, Nassau. Catalogue.
-Four Corners, Sir Charles Hayward Yacht Club, Freeport.
-An evening of Bahamian Art and Culture, INTERNATIONAL SHOW,' Biltmore Hotel, Coral Gables, FLa., USA.
-Historical Building of the Bahamas – Millennium Calendar, Central Bank Gallery.
-Passage: travel & migration in contemporary Bahamian art, Central Bank. Catalogue.
-Expressions, Sir Charles Hayward Yacht Club, Freeport, Bahamas.
-Between Friends, a two woman travelling show, Freeport and Nassau, Bahamas.
-Bahamas Wonderland – SOLO SHOW - Central Bank Gallery, Nassau.
-Bridging the Gap, National Women's week, College of the Bahamas Art Gallery.
-Hear Me Roar, Central Bank Gallery, Nassau, Bahamas.
-Celebrating Bahamian art, Bahamian Tings Art Gallery, Freeport.
-Moods of Freeport, Regency Theatre, Freeport, Bahamas.
COLLECTIONS INCLUDE COMMISSIONS
Waterloo Center for the Arts Museum, Iowa, USA - The Benetton Foundation, Italy - The D’aguilar Art Foundation, Bahamas - The Dawn Davies Collection, Bahamas - The National Art Gallery of the Bahamas - Spellman College, Atlanta, Ga,USA - Solo Myriad Agencies, Altantal, Ga., USA - Embassy of Haiti, Washington, D.C. USA - Miami Children Hospital, Fla., USA - Emerald Bay Resort and Casino, Exuma, Bahamas - Sheraton Hotel, Nassau, Bahamas - Ernst & Young, Nassau, Bahamas - The Grand Bahama Port Authority, Grand Bahama Island. Her work can also be found in many private collections in Europe, USA, Canada and the Caribbean.
A Grand Bahama vision, Mural at Bolam House / Love my Bahamas, Nassau Bahamas
– in collaboration with Artist Claudette Dean.
Memorial bench at Centerville House / Antiquities, Monuments & Museum Corporation of the Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas.
Three dimensions version of Bahamian Flag installation with artist Claudette Dean at the Office of the Prime minister, Freeport, Grand Bahama
Featured artist in “Love and Responsibility” The Dawn Davies Collection,
Edited by Dr. Erica M. James 2012
Cover artist and featured artist in Woman Speak Journal
Featured artist in Yinna 3 – published by the Bahamas Association for Cultural studies. Essay: “Cry The Beloved Country, Sing Its Resilient Soul..” By Patricia Glinton-Meicholas
Featured artist in A time, A season – A visual tribute to Oprah Winfrey by Janelle Dowell co- founder of Black Art in America)
Featured artist in The Caribbean writer, an international literary anthology with a Caribbean Focus
Featured artist in The Washington Times international reports – Essay: Bahamian artist attracts attention in art - world - by David Paulin
Featured artist in Marginal Migrations: The Circulation of Cultures within the Caribbean – an anthology/Warwick University – Essay "The islands of shallow water" by Dr. Krista Thompson
Cover of Power Magazine. Featured artist with Essay: Art that speaks from within – by Karen Wallace Armbrister
Featured artist in Woman Speak Volume 4, an anthology of contemporary women writers and artists of the Bahamas and The Caribbean.
Featured artist in The Caribbean writer volume 13, an international literary anthology with a Caribbean
Colors of Paradise – Artist Talk presentation at Caribbean
Conference, Princeton University, New Jersey, USA
Heritage – Artist Talk presentation at Caribbean conference,
University of Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania, USA
AWARDS / HONORS / GRANTS
Honored as Cultural Legend for the 43rd Independence Anniversary
– (TAP) The Art Pavillion 2016
Selected artist for the World Day of prayer. Award and grant included of a commemorative postal stamp of her winning artwork issued by British Pobjoy mint on behalf of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
Award of excellence from the Haitian Embassy in Washington D.C.,
Honored by the Bureau of Women affairs of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas in Freeport for outstanding achievement in the realms of Fine Art.
Honorable mention at Bahamar art competition – Nassau, Bahamas.
Honored by Miami Children’s Hospital for her support of children’s issues through Art.
PAST AND PRESENT AFFILIATIONS
2013 to present - The National Art Gallery of the Bahamas, Deputy Chairman of the Board.
2005 to 2010 - Co-founder and Co-chair of The Grand Bahama Heritage Foundation – a non -profit organization comittitted to research and tell the story of Grand Bahama Island’s Heritage by intertwining Art and History together.
Visual Arts studies : Haliburton School of the arts, Canada
Professional development workshops : - Artway Studios,Vancouver B.C. Canada
- Salt water studio, Vancouver, B.C. Canada - Fine Arts Work Centre, Province Town, Ma. USA - Aquarelle with Jeanne Dobie, Leuven, Belgium.
Business Management: College of the Bahamas